From:
tjohnso1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 19:49:40 -0400
Well, I took Santino to the vet today.  I thought Santino seemed to have
improved.  He made some good poops and seemed more lively, as well as eating
a little better.

The vet took his temp and it remains elevated: 104.8 today.  Last Thursday
it was 105.  The vet also observed that Santino seemed to tip his head
slightly to one side.

The bottom line is that he strongly suspects CANINE DISTEMPTER given the
continued elevated temp and because the pads on his back feet are hard and
crusty (though the front ones seem normal.) I must admit, it has never
occurred to me to check the pads on his feet very often or closely.

I am almost a hundred percent sure that Santino has been receiving the
correct distemper vaccination, and that his vaccinations are up to date, but
I'm going to call my other vet in CT just to double check.

On someone's suggestion here, the vet gave him a shot of B12 and Felovite
II, a cat vitamin supplement.  He's also switching him to amoxicillan after
the Clavomox is gone.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and advice.  I really appreciate it A
LOT!!

I got the recipe for Duck Soup from *STarferret, and am going to try it.