From:
"Tea` McKinney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:06:13 EST
Hi all,

Since someone posted a couple of ads about this ferret food without any
real info so I thought I would help them out.  I ordered a sample that
came yesterday.  I'm not even sure that I want to give it to my kids as a
treat.  The ingredients list is as follows:

Fish meal, cornflour, chicken meal, tallow, zmegamore, egg powder, chicken
digest, milk powder, premium vitamins & minerals, yeast, antioxidant,
lysine, DL-methionine, taurine, yucca.

Analysis:  Protein 38% min         Fat 21%
           Fibre 3.5%              Moisture 6%
           CA:P ratio 1.70         Energy 428 K/CAL/100G

The liturature describes zmegamore as a combination of essential oils
such as Omega-6 and Omega-3, trace elements such as zinc, and antioxidant
vitamins such as vitamin C.

I've always considered Omega-6 and Omega-3 to be fatty acids not essential
oils.  Whether these two terms are synonymous I'm not sure.  They do market
this combination of oils, vitamins, and minerals in a liquid form but I
didn't get a sample of that.  I would be interested in knowing what other
"essential oils" are part of the formula.  I'm assuming this is there
version of ferretone/linatone.

Dooks,
Tea`