Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 23:23:26 GMT
I will soon be adding a 9 month old female ferret to my ferret family.  She
was turned into a shelter 3 or 4 months ago, with a spinal cord injury.
While she lost use of her back legs, she has control of her bowels and
bladder.  Steroid treatment and time have helped her regain some of the use
in her back legs.  I plan to start a physical therapy regimine with her,
including a "sling" to support her body to make using her back legs easier,
and some stretching and ROM exercises.  I was hoping that someone else out
there could help me with this.  How often should I do the exercises, and
for how long?  Is it reasonable to expect her to regain total mobility?  I
would appreciate hearing any and all experiences that ya'll have had with
physical therapy for ferrets.