From:
Danny Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 23:51:04 UT
First, I would like to say that Buster is doing much better.  Wed, I awoke
to the sound of crunching kibble.  He's still skinny, but he is more active,
often visiting the room that I'm in.  Everything's good right?

I took Bus (he used to look like a school bus) to see the Doc that
afternoon.  He said he could feel a definate bump on the top of the spleen,
but no change since the last visit.  Could anybody please suggest what this
might be?  I happened to mention that his spleen has dramatically changed
size about twice a day (I kinda figured irritation from feeding <maybe?>).
Anyway, he proceded to tell me that he thought it was lymphosarcoma.  It is
a possiblity, but I just couldn't buy into the probability of it.  All I
could see he had to go on was a large spleen (and ferret spleens seem to
balloon every time they sneeze), and a bump.  I've heard digestive problems
could be caused by lympho, but I'm also been told that it is not too likely
in early stages.  Oh, and he did bring out the amoxy to me without my
insistance (I would have at that time).  And judging from Bus' grainy to
tary stools the last 6 months, it is obvious he has had intestinal problems
for some time.

I intend on sticking with the amoxy and pepto for now.  I only intend on
using this doc again for amoxy refils and major emergencies.  For check-ups
shots and scheduled surgeries (read adrenal in a few weeks for other fuzzy),
I'm going to make that 1 1/2 hour drive to Houston.  I'm going to check the
STAR* database, but does anybody have any personal recomendations?  Dr.
Williams--could you please comment?  I'm worried about that mysterious
"bump", but really don't have much confidence in his opinion and am
disappointed with his service.  I suspect this could be normal and he
wouldn't know it.  After having followed this thread for some time, am I
finally doing the right thing, or over-reacting?

Danny