Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:05:05 -0400
Our Haleakala decades ago was a retired breeder who raised many litters
but was retired when amounting male put a canine through one of her
eyes and she refused thereafter to have anything to do with adult
ferrets, especially males.

Anyway, in sorting through old budget books for recycling I found a
receipt that I know predated her use of a veterinary ophthalmologist,
and it tells me that Holly was older than we had thought because I can
place events with this as an anchor. We had been thinking that she was
nine at death. Actually, if we use the lowest possible age when retired
as a breeder she probably would have been 10 when she passed, but she
might have been older.

Sukie (not a vet) Ferrets make the world a game.

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.miamiferret.org/
http://www.ferrethealth.msu.edu/