From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:16:41 +0000
Ferret PR?

I dont go out to "Do" PR... I dont "Do" shows.... So My PR was done while
walking my business.

Bubbles was my first ferret, He was well trained by the FLO in his duties
of stealing hearts, as well as stealing mine, he stole the heart of every
single person he met, He was gracious enough to endure the "can I touch
him"s without a hint complaint He was patient enough to amuse himself
while I talked to people about the "where and why" of the care of my
bunch, He was trustworthy enough to never give me a moments doubt when
around strangers..... Da Warweezil took to big a piece of my heart with
him when he was called to join the rainbow bridge chapter of the Kouri
Klub.

Custard was a gentle girl, having been starved of human company thoughout
her young life, she came to live here with her twin sister (some call her
the evil twin) and brought with her a burning curiousity about people.
She put this to good use on her "public appearances" on a dual harness
with a supporting cast member.  the more attention she had, the cuter she
would act, forever gentle and playful, Mother nature showed she can be so
unfair when she took our little Cussieweezil.

I guess the point I am making is that... if you excersize them in a
public place, then every day is a Ferret PR day.  I like to think I can
do as much good for the image of Ferrets while giving them some excersize
and some mental stimulation as I could by herding them into a show arena.

Its somthing I have to think about now, Skweeky hasnt the patience to be
"mauled" by an adoring public, and Rhoobarb will never be trustworthy
enough, not that im saying shes nasty, she just cant grasp the fact that
hooman skin is not "grabbable" like another that of another Ferret.

I have been dreading the UK release of "Along Came Polly".  Ferrets will
become the "cool pet of the month".... and once that wears off... well...
stand by for the deluge... poor confused and depressed creatures who have
outstayed thier novelty value, They are going to need all the help we
can muster whether from "registered" charities... or individual people
working alone or those in a small informal groups who are bonded by a
desire to give these amazing creatures a fair crack at life.

Registered charity or not, the issue here should be the care and welfare
of the Ferrets, If you cant see that simple fact, then I question your
motives.  I consider the welfare of animlas to be far more important that
regulation and "formality", in factt it was a "one woman welfare" that
hooked me up with Bubbles, He worked his magic..  and the rest is
history.

I have to agree with a comment made recently, about there being enough
Ferrets living in shlters awaiting a "forever home".  Do we need to be
breeding more when so many creatures are sitting waiting for a family of
thier own to love them and play with them, and a place to create a stash
of goodies and toys?

Ferrets have too short a life span as it is, Please... before you buy
a kit, consider taking a shelter Ferret into your heart and home, I did
and he really repaid me in love and laughter.

Thank you Bubbles, you were amazing.

Our thought to those with sick or angelled stash sorters

Cris Page
Skweek and Rhoobarb

In memory of...
Bubbles (Da Warweezil)...
First Ferret par excellence leader of the Furkidz...
Cussie(angel)weezil....... Sister of Rhoobabrb

--
Best regards,
Cris                          mailto:[log in to unmask]