From:
Kristeen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:17:22 -0500
I got my last issue today. Two covers with the top one advertising
the "going green" message. I always dump the subscription cards that
inevitably fall out of the magazine before I walk past the recycling
bin on my way up from the mailbox with my mail - I thought "I don't
need to do that this time --- no more subscriptions" - right? Well
no - there were several loose subscription cards that fell out as
well as the ones attached to the magazine. Makes me wonder how long
the "conversion" of the magazine has been in the works? Why put in
subscription cards if the magazine is no longer available.

I am going to really miss Ferrets magazine. I won't be reading the
online version. The computer already sucks my life away. I am online
all day for work and in the evenings to keep up with work for the
Ferret club and dog rescue groups I volunteer with. The relaxed part
of my day comes when I can curl up with a magazine before bed.

As for being "of the times" I really think that print versions of
books, magazines and newspapers will be around for a LONG time - they
haven't perfected eBooks yet and when you read on a plane or train
whipping out the laptop for reading is not always convenient. I am
going to miss my 2nd source of Ferret community news but we will
always have the FML. (Right BIG?? please promise!)

Thanks,
Kristeen- NJ