From:
Ron Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:02:50 -0500
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Give me one good reason why I should attend a show
>Show Sleuth:
>
>Correct me if I'm wrong but in earlier postings you wanted ferret show
>people (coordinators, showers, venders, etc) to dress appropriately so
>they can act as a sort of ambassador from Ferretvania to all of the foot
>traffic that comes through the shows, right?  And yet you want the shows
>to be off the beaten track?  This sounds like wanting your cake and eating
>it too.  You want everyone to dress "professionally," but I might remind
>you that a lot of these people are not professionals...

Maybe I am a bit slow here, but why would you let someone else's opinion of
you, stop you from having a good time?  Especially since you yourself state
it is superficial and inconsequential?  It just doesn't make any sense.

Sleuth is doing what he/she feels is important.  Does that mean that we
have to agree with what Sleuth says?  I hope not, because I sure don't.

I disagree with the raffle statements.  At the Chicago show, you bought
raffle tickets.  All the raffle items had cans by them to put the raffle
tickets in for that item.  If it was something you didn't want, don't put
your ticket in the can.  Simple no muss, but apparently some fuss.
Obviously Sleuth has never seen a ferret rolling around on a basketball...
That is her/his loss, not mine.

I also don't care what the people at the show dress like.  They are people
from all walks of life.  Piercing???  It is their body.  Go for it, I
choose not to.  As the judges are professionals, they should dress
appropriately.  I think the ones at the Chicago show did fine, although I
did hear some negative comments about the lady judge wearing the go-go
boots, but then again, they were clean, and I think she looked fine.

In summary, I think Sleuth does say somethings that I consider superficial,
but then again so do most people.  Sleuth is just voicing their opinion.
You know the saying about opinions?  I thought so..

Just my opinion ;-)

Fuzzie Dad & the Blurry Furry's
Rascal,Treble, Cocoa,Screech,Moose
Charlotte,Havoc,Hanna,Casey,Dodge,