From:
Thomas Osburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 09:27:51 -0500
I hope Big will post this, as I know it is off topic, but all of you had
been so patient with help years ago when I started adopting ferrets.

A few days ago a person in my sub-division who knows that I am a lover of
all animals called and said someone had given her a sugar glider and she
could not keep this little guy.  She took it to find a home but was having
trouble finding a good quality forever home, so she called me.  I brought
this little boy home and immediately went to the internet.  Found a good
site for making a food mixture and did some research at this time.  I
e-mailed the International Sugar Glider Association (ISGA) and asked if
they had a digest for gliders like this one and I would like to find
glider knoweldgeable parents for this little boy named Meo.  The woman
said they would post on the glider chat line and get the word out.  So
far I have heard nothing.

I am asking the people in this ferret group if they know of any glider
friendly people that would like to adopt this little boy.  So far I have
had plenty of takers locally, as the kind who say " Wow, a sugar glider,
yeah I'll take take him." My feelings have not let me adopt out to these
people, since I know them and I know the committment will falter with
time.  I really want Meo to go to a permanent home, as he has been to so
many recently.  Perhaps a family with other gliders to keep him company.
He is such a sweet boy.

Does anyone know of any sugar glider rescue shelters, as I could not find
any on the internet??  Or perhaps someone who is involved in the placement
of this babies to good homes??

I really would like to thank you all again, for taking the time to read
this plea and for being so patient, as I know it has nothing to do with
ferrets.

Please e-mail me privately, so as not to get off topic on this list.  And
thanks to Big if he allows this to message to go thru.

Mary - the animal lover
Nellie, Snoopy & Critter (the ferrets)
Meo - sugar glider