From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 21:30:33 -0400
Hello, all!

Seems as though everyone has a question about sick babies lately.  I'll add
my question to the list.  (We wouldn't want our helpful vets to become bored
and disinterested for lack of questions!)  :)

Paleface continues to be a health mystery.  To summarize:

July - ulcer diagnosed and treated successfully (Amoxy/Pepto)

September - cough, lethargy, weight loss/low weight (not regained from
ulcer?)

mid-September - cough diagnosed and treated as bronchial infection (Amoxy)

Present - cough gone (yea!), "constipated" appearing stool (compact, NOT
black or tarry, frequently missing litterbox (unusual), sometimes "tries" in
litterbox and can't go, sometimes goes only in small amounts, sometimes goes
in near normal amounts),  still lethargic, still skinny, slightly "bloated"
abdomen?, good appetite

Although I know everyone has been swamped with questions, I am requesting
your assistance.  Can anyone suggest possible causes of these symptoms?
Suggestions for cures?  We are going to the vet tomorrow, and I would like
to go well-informed.  Brief (and lengthy) replies are welcome!

Thank you all for sharing your happy stories and your difficult times.
Although as a ferret community we are separated by distance, it's nice to
know we are able to gather together as friends on-line!

Gina
and
Paleface (zzzzzz)