From:
Howard Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 13:34:05 -0500
*** *** *** ***  *** *** *** *** ****
[I was asked to forward this not exactly anonymous but sort of covert post
to the FML, for Chere, from Someone Very Special to her.  Here it is.]

I want to surprise Chere so could you post this on that FML thing so she
will see it.  She's a pretty great lady - counting myself lucky

My Dear Chere,

Bet you thought I couldn't figure out how to do a post on this darn AOL.  I
am proud of you and all your Ferret people, it has become obvious at least
to me that you guys are a bunch of Fighter Pilots.  So here you go

                        Fighter Pilots do it better

The fighter pilot has certain characteristics which give him/her a distinct
individual identity.  the ideal fighter pilot puts his/her all into
everything he/she does.  He/she has a "can do" attitude.  He/she displays
enthusiasm and instills this feeling in those about him/her.  the fighter
pilot believes the job should be done the right way and only one time,the
first time.  He/she tries hard to be the very best a everything he does.
He/she expects others to do the same.  the fighter pilot tries to be an
expert in his field, always seeking new knowledge and experience.  He/she
tries to broaden his/her experience by not confining himself/herself to one
narrow channel.  The fighter pilot believes in himself/herself.  He/she has
a tremendous amount of pride in himself/herself and in everything that
he/she does.  He/she workds hard and plays hard; always a competitor in both
to the very best of his/her ability.  When he/she discovers a problem he/she
always comes up with the answer.  Although he/she thinks for himself/herself
he/she never fails to seek the advice of those who might lead him/her to the
right answer.  He/she respects those who have earned respect.  He/she is
more than willing to help those who need help.  Do "fighter pilots do it
better?" Yes, they do everything better!  But nowhere above does it state
that fighter pilots fly aircraft or engage in aerial combat.  You don't even
have to fly to be characterized a fighter pilot.  A fighter pilot is more
than a flyer.  A fighter pilot is and attitude and people with that
attitude, no matter what their station in life or their job, really do it
better.

So to my own special Fighter Pilot - I love you - drive safely - know you
will wow them and do ferrets everywhere proud.

Love your SO

Lawrence E. Huston
Lt. Col USAF Ret.
(I'm also the FFIRCI shelter dad)