From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 21:07:30 -0400
Well Festus came through surgery ok so far and went home today.  I talked to
Cindy and this is what the vet is having the bowel samples for: samanollea
and camphofactor(?).  Samanollea(sp) seems unlikely to me?  Cindy doesn't
feeld them anything but TF, marshmellows (I know) cheerios and dog buscuits
for treats.  What is camphofactor?  Before surgery they tried flagyl and
amoxicillian and maybe something choramphenical (vets writing is hard to
read).  It seems this is a mystery virus/bacteria, possibly ECE, possibly
proliferative colitis (which I don't know anything about either).  TLE and
Rochelle - thanks for the posts - both with good advice which I am passing
on to Cindy.  Meanwhile my Boris seems off somehow but nothing dramatic.
Smaller amounts of poop, dry fur, not playing as much.  I am giving him cat
lax in case of hair balls - by the way - has anyone seen a ferret pass a WAD
or somethingof hair or is it something you don't usually notice?  Giesela
for once seems fat and sassy and playful - really a joy.  By the way they
really love my shop vac tub turned upside down - the hole is just right.
Also I saw "clear dryer tube" in a ferret toy box called I forget what they
called it at $27.95 at the pet store.  Whew!

Pam - you said Debra Jeans new book is out.  I heard she is going to have
two - an updated Guide to Ferrets and then a really extensive one with lots
of medical info etc..  Which one is this?  Does it have lots new?