From:
Elizabeth Draus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 18:45:48 -0500
Hello everyone!

Chloe and Velvet need to be spayed, so I did some research and came up with
two choices: a highly recommended vet in South Tacoma, which is a little out
of our way, and a vet I've never heard of who is less expensive and right
here in town.  My mom wants me to go to the cheap-and-convenient vet, but
I'd rather not risk it.  So we decide that maybe we could compromise: take
the ferrets to get their shots at the vet here in town, and see whether or
not he (or she) is any good.  Then, depending on how we feel about this vet,
we can get the ferrets spayed there or go to South Tacoma.

My question: do ferrets get vaccinated before or after they are spayed?
'Cause if it's after, my idea isn't gonna work.

Oh, yeah, and another thing is that my parents want me to get Chloe and
Velvet descented, but I'm not sure.  I don't want to change them too much.
And besides, it's kind of like declawing a dog.  It's meant to be for them
to have scent gland things.  (Don't I sound official now.) So if anyone has
any persona l experience with descenting, whether or not it decreases their
scent, please email me privately so that we don't clutter up the fml with
more descenting debate!  =)

Thanks!
Liz 'n
Chloe (but I like being stinky) 'n
Velvet (just give me some more ferretone and you can remove all my legs if
you want)