From:
Mary Zahnle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 1997 23:13:34 -0400
Harold & Diana asked about the Rid-X product shown on QVC.  Someone else (I
forgot who) wrote back that the announcer said it was not for ferrets.
Here's my 2 cents on the product.

First..  when I first saw the product, the maker of the product was on the
air and said it WAS safe for ferrets.  He mentioned this several times.

Secondly, I have one of these things.  We live in a condo and bugs are a
problem for everyone.  While it's not 100% for us, I can say it has cut back
noticeably on our little kitchen visitors.  I can also state first hand,
that it has had NO effects on our ferrets.  The thing works by sending out
pulses behind the walls thru/along the electrical wiring.  We even have
rodents (hamsters, a mouse and guinea pig).  While they are kept in our
bedroom, they are near a wall, but again, we've had no problems.

Just wanted to pass along some first hand info.  If you have other questions,
feel free to drop me a line.

While I'm here... I wanted to let Kodo's owners know that I just sent an
E-Mail to Gov Engler.  As a former resident of Michigan, I couldn't sit by
and not say anything.  I also want you to know that I will be sending a
donation to GLFA in the next few weeks.  I am sorry I can't send it sooner,
but with Rogue crossing the Bridge this past Wednesday, my paycheck is
spoken for, to lay him to rest beside Polaris and Vixen.  I wish I could do
more.

Mary Zahnle
    &
the bakers dozen (who miss Rogue as much as mommy)