From:
Doreen & Ken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:49:04 -0500
Dooks!
I would just like to let everyone know that my parents have now added 2
more ferrets to the 3 they already have as of Sautrday.  They are both
around 1 year old, male is a panda (very beautiful) and the female is an
albino.  With my parents already having an albino Felix, and a dark-eyed
white Stevie, and me having my albino George, we sure do get confused when
they are all bolting through the house.  Kim, she puffs her tail up MORE
than Camille does!  They brought her home and right away that tail was
out.  Their new names are Johnie, the female, and Lazer, the male.  They
lady that had to give them up only let them out about once a month.  She
was so heartbroken though.  Their old names we Snow White and Prince
Charming.

Grizzly got her distemper shot today.  She didn't fight it at all.  She
was acting all cool, calm and collected.  She was weighed in at 1.9 lbs.
She sure did get her winter fat.  She looks so chubby running around
compared to when I got her and she was a FAR cry from 'chunky' George.
Felix came in too, and after 2 weeks of eating baby food and GREAT
attempts on my parents part, he hasn't gotten any better.  Dr. Schnak
took blood, his red blood cell count is fine but white count is low.  He
got a steriod shot that's supposed to increase his appeitiet within the
next few days.  We'll see how he's doing then.  Dr. Schnak was a bit
worried about neurological problems because when he's out, he stretches
out his back legs and then curls his feet in.  He walks so-so, and has
(maybe) a cataract in his eye.  Also Dr thinks that if he's appeitiet
hasn't increased, he may have some type of bone cancer.  It's all up in
the air right now, but we'll see.  The weird thing is though, if ANYONE
tries to get in his hammie, he is on them right now.  Stevie tried once
and everytime she goes by his hammie to get downstairs to go potty, she
creeps past him, wondering if he's gonna come out and bite her.  It's
kinda funny.

George has been acting wierd these past few days.  Nothing but running,
jumping, flopping, chasing, flying even.  I mean, he's usually preety
strange.  But lately it's been WORSE.  (But definetly FUNNY to watch him.)
Grizzly is starting to take food and hide it under my dresser.  Almost
like the world is gonna end and her place to be is under the dresser.
Hehe.

Next play date, it's gonna be George and Grizzly (mine), Lazer, Johnie,
Stevie, Doc, maybe Felix (parents), Camille, Lucas, Sammy and the new
one.  Comes to a total of 10, maybe 11.

Well, I think that's all for now.  Kim, Let us know how your new one's
working out too.