From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 16:08:36 EDT
We heard from the Cocheco Valley Humane Society today.  The one tumor that
was removed was benign.  No word back on the other yet, but we're hopeful.
All 21 ferrets have completed their distemper series and have rabies
vaccinations now.  The infections are healing.

Best of all, thanks to the donations from the FML people across the country,
we now have funds to start the adrenal operation on the worst of the
ferrets.  Little hairless Precious will be scheduled for adrenal surgery
this coming week.  Please keep your fingers and paws crossed for her.  She
is in bad shape.  Dr. Mike Dutton of the Weare Animal Hospital will be
doing the surgery.  We're not sure what he'll find when he goes in.

So far the Cocheco Humane Society shelter has received over $390 in
donations.  As I said, this has enabled us to start the operations on the
worst of them.  Best estimate from all the vets involved is that the total
bills will be near $3,000 so we have a long way to go.

If you can only spare a dollar or two, remember if everyone on the FML would
just send that much, we'd have enough to cover all of the operations.

You can send donations in care of "ferret rescue" to:

Cocheco Valley Humane Society
262 County Farm Road
Dover, NH   03820

Thank you everyone.