From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 07:22:09 -0500
>From:    Eunice Keely <[log in to unmask]>
>My beautiful male Calvin has had adrenal disease surgery.  I'm still
>learning about this myself.  His symptoms are rare as he has an
>overproduction of testosterone and no hair loss.  Please go to the
>following addresses on the internet for detailed information.

Eunice, it's not as rare as you might think.  Quite a few respondents to my
adrenal survey have cited aggressiveness and/or mating or mothering behavior
as one of the symptoms they observed in their ferret with adrenal disease.
It does seem to be somewhat uncommon that hair loss does not accompany it.

One of our shelter ferrets, Dizzy, began mating with his blanket at 1 year
of age.  He never had any of the other typical symptoms, such as hair loss
and recently had adrenal surgery.  My Spaz, who just had his left adrenal
removed last Wednesday, also exhibited aggressiveness although he also had
thinning hair, itchiness and excessive thirst.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC