From:
"C.B. Goins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 18:16:09 -0500
Hi, Maria!

I hate to be the harbinger of bad tidings, but Delta is your only hope.
None of the other domestic carriers will allow ferrets in the cabin, and you
sure as heck don't want them in the cargo hold, no matter *how safe* the
airlines tell you it is.  (And if you ever have to ship them, Delta Dash is
the only safe way).

Being a Two Million Miler on Delta, I can attest that they are
ferret-friendly.  You must, however, have their shots up to date and be
prepared to give proof on demand.  Doesn't hurt to have your vet prepare a
certificate of good health, either.  Naturally, your fuzzbean will have to
be in an approved carrier that can fit under the seat and must remain in the
carrier for the entire trip.  Also, be sure you call them ahead of time and
let them know which flights you'll be on.  Get the name of the person you
spoke with, and you shouldn't have any trouble at the terminal or aboard the
plane (the passenger manifest will attest that you have been approved to
bring your little one aboard).

You didn't say where you were going, but if it's to California, leave your
fuzzbean with someone you trust!  You'll think you landed in Nazi Germany
and you won't make it out of the airport, believe me.

Keep all of us on the FML posted!

All the best,

C.B. Goins and Maximilian (The World's Most Spoiled Fuzzbean)
Little Rock