From:
Mary Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 13:46:58 -0500
One of these days my husband and I would like to take a few days and go
away on a mini vacation.  We got through a month or so and everyone was
doing fine except for the normal stuff.

Yesterday Scooter (the wonder ferret) crashed on us with a glucose of
23--scared the ever luv'in you-know-what out of me!!!  Him being lethargic
and trying to walk (crawl) was my first indication of anything wrong.  We
won't really know until the blood panel comes back to see what all we are
dealing with and decide on surgery.  God, I hope it's nothing more than
insulinoma even though I DON'T want that!  That would make 3 now.  We're
having to force feed him and he's fighting us.  I'm hoping to get enough
food in him to get him over the hump!  He's only 4-ish, a real sweetheart,
an MF dark sable, and we've only had him since November.  In January he had
spleen, adrenal and hair ball surgery (everything else looked OK).  BTW he
"was free".

Please say a little prayer for Scooter, my little dooder, and any advice to
bring him around quickly would be GREATLY appreciated!  (He is on pred.)

I would never have forgiven myself if this happened while we were gone!  I
keep thinking that if we get through SEVERAL months in a row without any
major problems we could consider it.  How do you EVER feel comfortable
enough to go on vacation?  Who knows them like you do?  Who can take care
of them like you can?

Mary and The 12 Munchkins