From:
Julie Fossa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:14:39 -0700
Wow! It's April already! Time to register for the Florida Ferret Forum
if you're planning to join us. There are a lot of fun activities
planned. Friday night there will be a Meet & Greet that will start in
the lounge, and who knows, we may end up splashing our feet in the
pool. Registration is only $50 for a fun packed day! Registration is
from 9-10 on Saturday, May 10th, with the first session starting at
10 am.

Saturday we will be meeting three of Florida's wonderful vets. Dr.
Mitsie Vargas will be talking about Ferret Emergencies. Do you know
what constitutes a true emergency and what can wait until your vet's
office is open tomorrow? Do you know how to stabilize your ferret in an
emergency? You won't want to miss Dr. Vargas' wonderful presentation.

Dr. Deborah Cottrell will be sharing how important Heartworm
preventative is for our ferrets. She will also be talking about other
cardio and thoracic diseases. This is a must-see presentation. Dr.
Brenda Ernest will be discussing how you can prepare for disasters to
protect yourself and your ferret. Disasters strike everywhere in our
country, and it's important for each of us to be ready to act in a
moment's notice.

Vikki Caldwell will be sharing how you can help stop animal abuse
and Shelley Trulock will be sharing laughs about life with ferrets.
Couldn't we all could tell some tales! It will be an educational yet
fun-filled day mingled with good friends, good food, shopping and
raffles. There is even talk of a Ferret Bingo game! Those still in the
area on Sunday can join us for shopping at Old Town Shopping Center.

Time is running out! If you would like to donate a raffle item or a
door prize, let me know at [log in to unmask] by Friday, April 12,
2008, so we can include you in the program. Items can be shipped to
my home address (I will send my address when you email me with your
donation information). You can also bring your item to the event if
you are attending. Tax receipts will be provided.

If you would like to purchase an ad for the program, quarter page ads
sell for as little as $25 and $12 for a business card size ad. Just
email me and I'll send the necessary information. The ad deadline is
April 15, 2008, so don't delay!

If you haven't reserved your vendor table yet, contact Brenda Johnson
at [log in to unmask] as I think there are still a few tables
available.

Go to http://www.ferretcongress.org/ and complete your registration
today! You don't want to miss this great opportunity to hear some of
Florida's greatest ferret veterinarians and meet other ferret
enthusiasts. I know two ferrety celebrities have already registered.
You don't want to miss this event! See you in Kissimmee.

Permission is granted to cross-post as long as nothing is changed.

Julie

Julie Fossa
West Central Ohio Ferret Shelter
http://www.wcofs.org