From:
Bryan Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 10:50:34 CST
Never thought I would have to ask this, because my ferts have had an
absolute aversion to raisins... up till now.  This is how it happened..

I was sitting on my bed munching on "nuts and bolts" which is RAISINS
..M&M's... and peanuts.  Ya'll see why the two are capitalized in just a
second...

Anyhoo... sitting there munching happily away and reading my book when I
feel two tiny little feet on my leg.  Looking out the corner of my eye so as
not to startle the fuzzie.  Sure enough, little Cayanne was there looking at
me seeing if I had noticed her yet or not.  Since I didn't respond, she
carefully and slowly crept up and stuck her head in the baggie of nuts and
bolts sniffed for a second..  and glommed onto a raisin.  Once her prize was
firmly within her grasp, she took off like a bat out of hell to her hidey
hole where the satisfied sounds of a ferret snacking on a raisin could be
heard.

Next up was Tenaka... same thing, except he didn't care if I saw him or not.
Jabba shows no interest.

Cayanne came back for seconds, and this time glommed an M&M.  I figured ONE
could not hurt, so I let her take it.  Tenaka came back for another raisin,
and Jabba investigated the bag, sneezing all over the contents.

Well, this started the raisin craze for mine.  I can't go anywhere NEAR the
box of raisins that I got once they showed an interest.  If I do, they
really go nuts in the cage, with Tenaka biting the cage bars so hard I worry
about him cracking a tooth!  BTW: I do let them out, but only when I am
there.  I would need about 400 tons of sheet steel to ferret proof my
apartment (or even my bedroom) because this place was NOT designed with
ferts in mind.

So, just as I am making appointments for my ferrets to get into Raisins
Anonymous, I need to know how many of the things I can safely give as a
treat.  I mean, REALLY..  these critters are going BONKERS and being
extraordinarlily cute if they think there is a raisin in it for em.

Also... Jabba stole his first sock..  and that was hysterical too!  He
snared my sock that I had just taken off, and dragged it behind the dresser
which is his hidey hole.  About a minute after he got the sock in there, he
started sneezing uncontrollably, and *PWAM!* Jabba couldn't drag the sock
out of the hidey hole fast enough!  He dropped the sock and sat there
looking so miserable, I just had to give him some ferretone.

    Respectfully,

    Bryan Hall