From:
DEROSE PAT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:47:32 -0400
[Moderator's note: Also submitted by Sukie Crandall
                   <[log in to unmask]>             BIG]

Hello FMLers and fuzzies!
Here is the reponse I got from Radio Shack regarding the ferret ad:

                _______ Forward Header ________

Greetings...

 ...and thank you for your comments regarding our recent radio advertising
featuring ferrets.  This ad has concluded its scheduled airing.

Our "Answer man" radio campaign is a "situational comedy" format, and as
such is a difficult concept to execute without raising more than a few
eyebrows (as anyone who watches primetime TV can attest).  Our creative
team accurately recognized the growing popularity of ferrets, but as I have
learned through talking with several ferret owners, they weren't as
accurate in their description of ferrets.

Our advertising isn't intended to offend or to exclude anyone from shopping
at RadioShack.  Our store associates work hard to earn your trust: the last
thing I want is for our advertising to impede their efforts.

Rest assured that I have shared my new knowledge of ferrets with our
Creative team, even though it is not our intent to focus on ferrets in
future ads.

Sincerely,
Chuck Burton
Director, Advertising Programs