From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 16:51:36 -0500
California Assemblyman Kevin Murrey (D-47 District).  Refused to vote on
HR-37.  When I inquired from his staff as to why he did not vote I was told
that he was not present at the committee or floor votes.  When I inquired
about this with the CDFA, I was told that he was present at both votes.

He has also refused to respond to any questions on the ferret issue either
from Ferret groups or from local residents. I my self have sent him two
nicely written letters and a petition sign by about 15 local residents,
and have never even gotten a "I'll take your comments under
consideration." form letter.

The Republican challenger, Jonathan Leonard, has also refused to respond to
questions from F.A.  on his stand on ferrets.

I recommend a vote for Libertarian candidate Bob Weber, since the
Libertarian Party has stated that it will support ferret legalization.

Brad