From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 07:12:50 -0600
My vet says a chemotherapy protocol for Esperanza, who has been diagnosed
with lymphosarcoma, would involve six IV treatments with Vincristine,
Oncovin, and perhaps Cyclophosphamide.  Apparently, this combination works
sometimes with dogs.  The prognosis with aggressive chemo goes up to five
months -- but of course, that's an average; nobody really knows for sure
what will happen.  Potential side effects are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea,
and anorexia (and Espie doesn't weigh a lot to begin with, about 1.7
pounds).

Espie is 6 years old and I tend to think it's not a good idea to put her
through that, but I would be interested in hearing feedback from others
who have experience with chemo in ferrets.

Thanks.