Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1993 14:44:53 -0500
Hi,
I have a question regarding Cedar Chips.

Are they safe?  I have a local pet store manager who is trying to tell me
that if they don't have any "oils" they are safe.  I have never heard this.
He also said that Marshall Farms uses Cedar Chips and they are, "one of
the most profitable and oldest Ferrets Breeders around."

I mention this because there is a company called HAGEN that is marketing
a Ferret Starter Kit which contains among other things a compressed bag of
Cedar Chips and a Soft Squishy Puppy Toy.
Amusingly enough the toy has a warning that reads something to the effect,
"Remove from animal if toy becomes visibly damaged."  :)  LOL

HAH!  Our Ferrets would have the toy ripped to shreds in the first day.  :)

BTW, we just got the Barrons Ferret Book.  Very good book.  I am not sure
about the accuracy of the content but, the writing is very easy to get into.
A VERY good pre-ferret ownership book.
--
Brian & 'Nessa (watched over by) Priscilla & Herman (carpet sharks)
"Maybe it's a gift, a special talent that I, alone, possess!"  --Wembley