From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:55:41 -0500
I really have no respect for AOL.  First, AOL is NOT the internet.  They
have their own network and that is what you are on.  They provide a
window, sometimes, for you to actually enter the internet but otherwise
you are on the AOL platform and NOT the internet.

AOL is very expensive.  There are many other services that are less than
half the cost and those are definitely on the internet full time.  I do
computer consultant, there are many that come to me with internet problem
that use AOL, I cannot and will not help them with AOL.

Aarrow Ranch Aviation
Rev. J Gordon Bengtson
7302 Hunterbrook Drive, Suite 100
Mechanicsville, Va. 23111
USA

[Moderator's note: While many people will agree with you, and I, too,
would encourage people to consider alternatives, I'm not going to fault
people for using AOL if that's what works for them any more than I
would try to talk people into using a different brand of toilet tissue.
(I thought that was an appropriate comparison ;-))  Speaking of bottoms,
the bottom line is that many people enjoy the feature set of AOL and
that's their business.

At the same time, please note there are alternatives, most of which, like
getting a gmail e-mail account, are totally compatible with AOL.  BIG]