Date:
Wed, 15 May 1996 08:51:10 -0500
Hello everyone.  I am new to the FML, but enjoy very much reading about
everybody's ferrets.  I have noticed several comments about fur loss
pertaning to adrenal tumors, etc.  When Pepper lost the fur on her tail, my
vet thought it might be due to dry air, food allergy, etc.  and suggested a
shampoo called PYOBEN with a benzoil peroxide (not sure if that is the
correct spelling) solution.  This shampoo has worked wonderfully, it's the
only shampoo I use on Pepper now and we've not had a problem since.  It's a
little expensive $8 for 6oz, and kinda stinky (like medicine) but works like
a charm.  They only sell it at the vet, so you might want to ask yours.

As for alcohol with ferrets, I think that as with people, moderation is the
key.  Just a taste now and then never hurt anyone.

Cathy (aka Ratqueen) and Pepper, Zeus, and Scooter
(oh yeah, the cats too, Sombrita and Stupid)