From:
Nancy Herring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:33:45 -0500
I was at our feed store this week and somehow the owner and I got on to
an interesting discussion about Pro Plan Turkey/ Barley for dogs.  John
sells a lot of it so was surprised when the Pro Plan rep said that it was
being discontinued.  He asked the rep why and the rep replied that they
were going to replace it with a new feed that would be more appealing to
the interests of those interested in healthy foods for their pets.  Well,
the new feed finally arrived.  It is called Pro Plan Select.  John looked
at the list of ingredients.  He looked at the list of ingredients of Pro
Plan Turkey/Barley.  He told me that he may have missed something, but
that both sets of ingredients looked the same.  The only things he could
find different were the name, the packaging, and the price.  The new bag
was, of course, more expensive.

So for those of you worried about them discontinuing the Turkey/Barley
for cats, take heart--Pro Plan may be doing the same thing--new bag,
higher price, same old ingredients.

Nancy