Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2007 17:06:49 EDT
>Not all  diseases have reliable enough titer levels. For example, if
>you look at  when titer levels are considered acceptable for medical
>personnel you will  find a number of diseases for which titer results
>can not be submitted  instead of vaccination records. For some other
>diseases titer levels do  work out fine. Canine distemper vaccine in
>dogs gives reliable titer  levels. Now we have to find out if the titer
>levels are reliable and  consistent enough (and what causes variations
>
>Sukie

We did discuss titer levels at the symposium. The general concensus was
that since the drug companies set the titer level for their products
there might be room for discussion as to what levels will and do
support an immunity to a given pathogen or virus. I am amazed at what
you know lady. Count me as one of your devotees from now on OK? LOL!!!
We also did discuss with all the on going reactions to certain drugs
and agents, at what age are we over va ccinating our frets or are we?
As a rule of thumb I do not vaccinate any fret over 6 years of age
unless there is an out break of something in my area. Now the exception
to this is if I were to attend a show then I'd certainly make sure
his/her rabies and distemper was up to date but that would be about it.
yeah I know some of you will think that I am some horrible monster that
does not care about his frets BUT nothing is farther from the truth. I
have "proof" . I have pictures of me caring...LOL. Folks, lets have fun
being ferreants as our fuzzies depend on us having fun with them....

Fed Hurd
Reno Ferret Rescue