From:
Vesna Kovach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:55:40 -0600
I've seen some debate lately about whether ferrets are "domestical" rather
than "domesticated", starting when Ed Lipinski attempted to define the two
in the January 28th FML.

However, there's no such word as "domestical."

I looked in several dictionaries, and didn't find it listed as a word.  I
didn't find it listed as a variation of a word.  I didn't find it as a
possibility of a variation of "domestic" or "domesticated."

There is no question of shades of meaning, because the word "domestical"
has no meaning.

If anyone knows any different information, please let me know what
reference book to find it in.  I'd be interested to learn.

--Vesna Kovach