From:
JIM MORS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 10:35:41 -0500
I just wanted to address the lady with the pouting ferret.  I have 10 and
some of them do pout.  Bonsai!...who stays in trouble for trying to eat the
waterbed....pouts horribly when he gets scruffed for going for the corners.
I scruff him, give a little shake and talk sternly to him....he then goes
and lays on the bed turning away from me.  He gets flat and then gives a
great sigh.  If he continues his attempts at the waterbed he gets put on the
floor....which is the ultimate in insults around here.  Then he reinvents
the meaning of 'pout'....going flat and sighing....moping or dragging around
for sometime afterward as well.  And yes <head hanging> I do feel sorry for
him but try not to make up to him....and for the most part I succeed:>

A few of the others will pout when they are brought in from playing
outside...  but that doesn't last too long before they are off doing all
those ferret things that must be done.  Bonsai!  is the professional pouter
but some of the others do it as well.

Ellie Mors