From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:57:22 -0700
I am seriously starting to wonder what is going on in Las Vegas.  It
appears that the governing bodies there, care nothing about animals.  In
that past year, here is what I have gathered:

1) Mike Tyson got away with cruelty when he completely abandoned his
ferrets, supposedly leaving them to be cared for by one of his employees,
who failed miserably, resulting in the death of one of two ferrets.  No
charges, etc...just a faux pas.

2) Someone on this list was physically attacked by a pet store owner over
ferrets within her store.  I don't think anything ever came of it.  Yes,
physically attacked.

3) Now authorities wont release a report on an animal shelter that they
are/have inspected.  This really made me mad because I was under the
impression that those documents are public documents.  I guess not in
Vegas.

Do I like Las Vegas?  Yes.  It is a fun place to go.  I am however,
questioning the lack of compassion that these local politicians have
for animals.

What can we do as a caring group to help this along?

Disappointed and concerned in Washington.