From:
Mal Chick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:38:41 EDT
>This is in reply to Jessica's post in the recent FML.  I'd like to give
>kudos to you for keeping your responsibility, BUT, I saw you mention
>cleaning them with a stridex pad?!  Isn't stridex a facial/zit/acne
>medicated pad?!  BIG no-no!  first of all, it burns and tingles on a
>humans face, and dries it up (the whole idea of "zit removal".  VERY
>bad idea for ferts!!!!!  Irritated skin from hell's acre is all you're
>accomplishing by doing this

I always rinse the pad out with water before I apply it to their tails.
This dilutes the potency considerably.  They then get a good dip in
moisterizer and water.  I also do not make it a regular treatment,
either-their tails have grown back in since May, so there is no need
for it.

>...PLEASE..use fert shampoo, and, you might even want to try a little
>diluted moisturizing lotion on them since it's hard to tell how long
>you've been using those stridex pads.  No wonder they bite!

Come on, now...you have no idea why they bite, and even IF they bite...The
only bite I have recieved in two months is a "Come on, I dare you to chase
me" nip on the toes.  WHen I have my neighbors over, the girls get excited
and nip the unfamiliar toes.  They learn pretty quick that it's ok,
though, and it stops.

I am very aware of my ferret's comfort and safety, and would never do
anything to harm them.  Thank you for your concern, though.

~Jessica