Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 11:37:47 -0500
>From:    Jennifer Rikert <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: post exploratory operation for old ferret at Cornell
>if anyone has gone through this is, immediately after he tries to eat,
>he goes through this "chewing/grinding" motion in his mouth that makes
>an akward sound, like he might have an ulcer.

Jennifer, Pauly used to grind his teeth when he was sick.  The vet thought
he had a pancreatic tumor.

>From:    Michael McKinley <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Northwest Goings on/Rocking and reeling....

We had a great write up in the P.I. on Thursday.  (Danielle mentioned it
in yesterdays list and I had to do a little digging to find it.)

Here's the web site:
http://www.seattle-pi.com/pi/hahn/hahn011.shtml

Overall not too bad an article.  Positive in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way.
With all of the bad publicity, it's nice to have some positive things to

say about our fuzzies.

Michael, I think I'm going to e-mail Mr. Hahn and let him know what a nice
article he wrote for us.  The local paper here is doing a 4-part series on
"non-traditional" pets, but they only chose birds, reptiles, rodents, and
fish.  Hopefully I can get them to add a fifth part and do ferrets too.
Maybe this article would help.

Michel