From:
Lori Crosland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 05:06:15 EST
Hi all from Lori and the seven dwarves in Las Vegas (Hocus, Pocus, Charm,
Magic, Merlin, Drako and Wolf).  First of all, After 9 year of being
together, Richard & I are finally getting married on 1-26-02.  Yeah!  Big
fancy fun wedding.  I'm excited.  We return from our honeymoon the day
BEFORE the symposium so I plan to go Friday Only.  Other Vegas People
going Friday?  I

Had to post this little poem I wrote how I felt the other day.

I woke up sick and my head really hurt,
I tried to get dressed and tore my skirt,
jumped in the shower, the hot water was dead
curled my hair and burned my head.

Poured a bowl of cereal, the milk carton was dry,
My fiance went to work without saying goodbye.
My daughter didn't finish her project that was due that day,
and a message from the office said get here right away!

UGGGGH!!   One of those days.

Tears started forming, frustration grew and grew,
I was gonna blow, this time  I really knew.
Last thing I do before I ever go out the door
is tuck in and hug the ferrets in the cage and on the floor.

Drako is my adoptee, the little fatty white,
his red eyes and fuzzy belly makes him quite a site.
I can almost see his heart, as he is warm as can be,
there is something super special between Drako and me.

As soon as I come in, all seven race to the door,
to see what mommy has in hand, what treat is in store.
But not my little Drako, he just looks up at and pleads,
pick me up, Mommy, you see that's all he needs.

He rolls over on his belly, and I have to laugh out loud,
His fur is so fluffy, a large cottony cloud,
He tries to tackle my fingers but his teeth won't get there
his belly is in the way and he can't get anywhere.
He rolls to and fro, and I giggle the entire time
I am so happy that I made Drako mine.

Even when the day is rough, and I feel all hope is gone,
I see my little ferrets and my heart is filled with song.
As I right this poem now, tears stream down my face.
I know that I have finally found my own happy place.

Thank You Drako and to all adoptee ferrets out there ready to give their
love.