From:
Martin Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 17:05:07 -0800
Hi--I am doing a major photographic essay on animals that work.  This will
be done on a global scale.  I need help in finding all kinds of animals
around the world that are doing all kinds of jobs.

Such as: seeing eye dogs, rescue dogs, dogs that herd sheep, elephants in SE
Asia that haul logs and are used in temple rituals, carrier pigeons, pigs
that sniff out truffles is France, Cormorants that are used for fishing in
Japan and China, primates that help paraplegics, falcons used for hunting,
camel caravans.

I want to photograph situations where man and animal have a healthy
symbiotic relationship.  I'm not looking for animals that are used in
research--or animals that we eat.  But--where man and animal work side be
side and are friends.

This is going to be done for one of Bill Gates' companies called Corbus.
They are going to digitize these photos and put them on-line.  I will
probably do a book and exhibits on these images.

I use to work for National Geographic Magazine for 12 years as a
photographer--and I am now doing special projects on my own.

Please-Please-Please---If you can help me with finding some neat animal
working situations anywhere in the world--or maybe you know someone that I
could contact that would be able to help me with this project, I would be
very grateful. Thanks.

Cheers-Martin

Martin Rogers
Tel.  415.929.0999