From:
Marc Lavergne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 19:00:27 -0500
I am glad that Bob & Sheena commented on my previous post and wrote that
eating raisins & bananas is not a problem if the ferret is fed dry food.  I
thought it may have caused the tartar build up on the teeth of my 3 years
old ferret.

In case some ferret owners would like to offer their ferrets a wider variety
of treats and offer bananas or raisins less often, I am volunteering to
compile a list of treats for ferrets from your suggestions, the treats
listed in the FAQ and the ones on home pages.  Please, send me your
suggestions or post them on the FML and I could post a list in late May.

Here is a sample of the treats enjoyed by some of my ferrets: apple,
tangerine, orange, grape, peach, pear, canned fruits packed in juice
(usually clear raisin juice), fruit juices, tomato, rye cracker with sesame
seeds, peanut butter, some brands of cereal, some brands of dog biscuits,
some brands of cat treats (they do not like liver) and Ferretone diluted
with oil.  One ferret is crazy about popcorn but I think I read that it
contains too much fibre for them.  They also like the following but they are
not the best for their teeth (they are sticky food like raisins): dried
apricot, prune, dried peach, dried pear and dried blueberry.

Lorraine & the 6 treats addicts
Pepe La Pew, Presto, Boum Boum, Snoreau, Sanka & Mukluk