From:
Lori Harr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 17:58:27 -0700
I have had one ferret Shanti Xena, she is a little over one year old.  I
have recently adopted my second ferret, Autolycus Apollo, e is 7 weeks
old now and not litter box trained.  I have tried making him his own litter
box and placed it in the place he tends to use as the bathroom.  He uses
the opposite corner.  I have tried scrubbing the smell from the carpet on
the cage floor, placing his favorite blankets in the area, placing his
stool in the box, and have moved food into the area.  My cage is 4 levels,
I have moved the litter box to different levels of the cage.  No luck.  I
thought possibly Shanti might teach him.  He has been with us for 2 weeks
now.  Is there some other trick I might try to get him to use the box?  I
do not believe there was a litter box in the pet store cage with him so he
may not have ever learned to use one.  How can I teach him to do so.

Please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you so much in advance for any advice.