From:
david smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 01:22:32 -0700
It started out as a average day, getting up at the usual time, a day of
work.  An average day of work .

Then an evening with the SO, and the usual welcome from the ferret
kidders.  Scritches and neck rubs for everyone, a few tummy rubs and some
'whirl a weezle' on the tile floor for a few others.  Even a bit of 'Hide
in Dads windbreaker'.  After fighting for shower space, I was able to
find a spot on the couch.  By this time the ferret energy had peaked and
the SO and I were able to engage in some conversation.  We are blessed
with a couple of fur kids that are lap sitters and a couple that just
have to be up on shoulders.  As we enjoyed the new found quiet we noticed
it was almost to quiet.  We all know 'that' kind of quiet.  No weasels,
no dooking, no one trying to get in your cup of tea, or climb up a pants
leg.  Yes, 'that' kind of quiet, the kind just before the planter tests
gravity, or a food dish is slid across the floor, or the cell phone makes
that horrible racket because 'who me' has stepped on it activating some
ferret secret code.

Well, the suspense was too much to bear, and the SO was busy feeding a
sick wee one, so out to the dining room I go.

ACK!  DAMN!  There was a tornado in the dining room!  The destruction was
horrible.  It was a shambles!  DAMN.

All I could see was a tail here, a butt there, a nose over there, and a
furry belly over there.  Something white had consumed all our kidders.
All that was left were bits and pieces.

Some how I must have brought a horrible monster into our home.

My shouts of alarm brought help to my side.  'What a mess' was her shout.

Slowly survivors came into view.

Slowly out collective pulse returned too normal.

Slowly time caught up to reality.

Slowly the horror of the time subsided.

Slowly cute faces came to view.

Slowly the horrible Charmin demon was put in its place.

It seems myth of the evil Charmin toilet paper devil needed to be checked
out.  It seemed to affect all 24 rolls of the horrible toilet paper Hell.
But the kids were up to the challenge.

They did there best to rip the devil out of all 24 rolls of freshly
purchased toilet paper.

And almost every one of them flat ferreted on the floor professing their
innocence.  Two came over and stood on out feet, as if to say, 'I told
them to stop Dad.'

There is just no way you can be upset, even with bushels of shredded
toilet paper covering about all of the dining room floor.

So, if you can't beat them join them.  And we did.  They loved the
tossing of hand fulls of TP.  Even the ill ones got nosey and joined in
the best they could.

I have to say they all got Ferretvite treats, and loads of hugs.  I guess
this is what 'Quality Time' really is.

Our heart felt thoughts to those who are missing fur kids.  We know how
hard it is to release those who have chosen to go.  Keep thinking of
them; remember their habits, and their softness.  Remember the nose
bumps.  Remember the love they had shared.

The Smith family (Where the humans are badly out numbered.)

 ....... I guess this is the bottom, the other end of the top