From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - GA Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 02:01:24 -0400
Bob, Everybody,

I sent e-mails to the ASPCS & HSUS directly through their web pages about
Kodo & CA.  I concluded my e-mail by saying how I was beginning to wonder
just how humane their organizations were allowing the slaughter to continue.
I think I got their attention.

LOOK WHAT I GOT TODAY!!!

>FROM:  "Alicia Sullivan" <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I am in receipt of your email of 6/13/97 regarding ferrets.  Would you
>please send me more information?  We were not notified of this case.
>Do you know the name of the case or the docket number?  Which court
>was or is it in?  Who are the parties involved?  What are the issues?
>
>In addition, has there been a bill proposed concerning ferrets in
>California?  If so, what is the number?
>
>We were unaware of these issues up to this point but will be happy to
>look at the issues.

OK Robert & all you experts out there - HERE'S YOUR BIG CHANCE!

For all the Komandos out there:

This is a wonderful opportunity that's been dropped in our lap - quite
unexpectedly on my part.  I was expecting a form letter.  Anyway, we're all
trying to get heard by the people/agencies/organization that can really make
a difference to our cause.  This is what we've been waiting for.  Let's not
blow it.

We all mean well & we all want the same thing.  But there's too much stuff
floating around out here that just doesn't cut it as fact.  Let the people
who can reference their information handle this one.  We all know who they
are & we all know that they can do a better job than we can.  If you can't
document it...it doesn't exist.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't respond - quite the contrary.  You're
entitled to your opinion about ferrets as pets.  That's what we should talk
about, what we know best, about how wonderful our fuzzies are as pets, how
many own us, how they must be supervised for their own good, how much
misinformation is given out by animal controls/humane societies/pet
stores...you get the picture.

So please, if you haven't been nominated for the Kodo Coalition, just send a
note about how much you love your fuzzies & how you live in fear because you
do ;)

You know, my mailbox is so full & it's so hard keeping up with everything
that I almost missed this.  Well, it's 2am, I'm going to bed.  I'll dream
about quarrantine, freedom for ferret owners, pet shops that know what
they're talking about & give out correct info...

KODO IS DEAD - LONG LIVE KODO

Juliana
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu,
Chaos, Tuxedo, Bijou, Fiasco, & Dazzle