From:
Todd Cromwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 1995 15:53:07 -0700
Do your slinkies hog the covers?  Dors normally finds a good place to
sleep with little trouble, but sometimes she either decides she wants
to be under the sheet or decides to make a nest.  She grabs the sheet
in her little mouth, and with surprising strength for a such a little
1.5 pound body, she tugs the sheet so as to find an entrance under it
or simply to make a better nest.  When she tugs, it's not one big tug
but a lot of small ones with regular period.  So I'll be almost asleep
and feel the sheet slip away slowly, with little tugs like "mmh, mmh,
mmh, mhh, mhh, Mhh, Mhh, MHH, MHH".

I've checked her vulva, there is no hair loss anywhere, and she
appears quite healthy, so I suppose this occasional nesting behaviour
is not symptomatic of adrenal problems.

I would say to Diane Emery and Rocket, get another ferret; I followed
the advice of friends who said 2 is better than 1 (but you'll have *2*
ferrets, they said), and they were quite right.  Now if 2 is that fun,
44 might be at least 22 times as fun.  Maybe Troy Lynn has something
there . . .

To Glen Patrick Miller and Merlyn and Morgan I suggest: get the Ferret
FAQ, and get Morgan spayed.

Todd Cromwell
Dors (mi novia) and Seldon (el cazador de suen~o)