From:
Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:52:08 -0400
>From:    Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Marshall Farms and the American Ferret Ass'n...coconspirators?
> Likewise, the American Ferret Association, in their understandable, but
> notoriously flawed philosophy of required neutering and spaying, are
> essentially coconspirators in the devolution, the de-domestication of the
> ferret.

Funny.  I am an AFA member & I have never been asked to alter my ferrets.
It is not stated in their membership guidelines that altering is required.
I sell my kits with alter contracts - AFA has never suggested they had a
problem with that one way or another.  I know several breeders belonging to
the AFA - many judges - that do the same.  It has never been written in any
show packet, rule book, or exhibitor guidelines (at least that I have seen)
that all ferrets must be altered - or the very least that all ferrets being
sold must be altered.  They just regulate age & shot requirements.