From:
Debra Sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:48:22 -0500
Ann,

You said IYHO that it would be pretty much impossible to have a ferret
certified as a service animal-that they aren't going to perform actual
tasks 100%.

I'm disagreeing with you on this. It depends on the task. I had a
ferret named Willow who was a Seizure Alert animal. Ok, maybe not for
a human, but she was one for one of my other ferrets. She would alert
me when Zini was going to have a seizure so I coulld get him away from
anything that would hurt him during his attack. She would like BARK at
me and lay her body across Zinni's to help keep him still.

A service animal doesn't have to do an actual task to be certified,
they can also be used to alert their owners of a seizure, low blood
sugar, etc.

Debi
Fuzzy Loving Ferrets Rescue & Ferretry
www.freewebs.com/fuzzyloving
LOSN Senoir Specialty & Championship Ferret Judge