From:
Morning Starr Animal Sanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:45:13 -0700
I am wondering if there are any organizations that can be contacted
to inform of some ferret "rescue/breeders" which are not being
responsible. I am always so upset when I get a call from people who
have purchased/adopted ferrets from this person in the Phoenix area.
There is no screening before adoption and they are allowed to adopt
ferrets that are not spayed/neutered. On person adopted a little girl
that was only there for half an hour. She was found roaming and brought
to the place in Phoenix, she eventually ended up with us as she got
very sick and the people did not want to bring her back to that place.
Soon after we actually found the rightful owner. The people who adopt
from them eventually do not want the ferrets, find out that their
landlord won't allow them, or just can't afford to get them fixed and
they tell me they do not want to return them to the place in Phoenix,
which will go nameless, in fear that in one persons exact words were,
"it would be their death sentence."

We do not adopt any ferrets to people who rent without a letter from
the landlord stating that it is allowed and that they know about it.
We tell possible adopters about the expenses they will encounter when
owning a ferret. Most people don't even realize about the health
problems that can come up when owning a ferret.

This person in Phoenix is not being a responsible rescue/breeder.
What can we do? It is not fair to these little guys. Anyone got any
suggestions?

Regards,

Fran C. Freedman, President & Co-Founder
Morning Starr Animal Sanctuary, An All Volunteer Organization
"A New Beginning..."
www.morningstarr.org

You may contact us at: 928-821-2420 or email: [log in to unmask]
or mail: P.O. Box 1363, Cornville, AZ 86325