From:
"Phyllis A. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 03:19:11 -0500
First, I hope Ringo is doing much better when you read this.  I am
running late reading my lists.

I am sure others have recommended this but here it is anyway.  Have you
tried Timmy's duck soup?  I know you have to watch the sweets but it
doesn't have that much with the small doses you give.  It has a lot of
vitamins in it.  I used it with Faith and Hope and it helped.  It also
helped with the weight since I was feeding often.  I even forced feed
them for awhile when they would only drink the water off it.  I many it
really thin so I could force feed them.  After short time they started
eating in off a spoon and then out of the bowl.  They started eating
their kibble on their own soon, so I was able to cut back on the soup

It was a lot of work, but they were worth it.  You probably tried it,
but I just had suggest it.  I couldn't just sit here and take the chance
that no one had mentioned it or you hadn't tried it.  They both were on
the steroid too.

I did loose them, but not for awhile, then it wasn't do to the
insulinoma.  The insulinoma turn to diabetes.  My two babies were two
out of three my vet new about at the time.  She asked if I would donate
them to science.  Of course I said yes.  Now I hear it is quit normal
for ferrets to have it.

I hope your baby bounces back so he can play again and you can cuddle
him.

Phyllis and the Wigglies: Generosity, Grace and Joey (Joy)
In Loving Memory: Faith, Hope, Constance, Bandit and Charrity