From:
Katherine Kuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 17:01:45 EST
Oh, I love this idea, to let the ferrets sleep and play in the dirty laundry
that collects during the week.  There is a big problem I would have, though.
I have to keep two separate laundry hampers.  One is just an open basket
that the ferrets do like to investigate, but, the other is a heavy hamper
with a lid.  This is because Megabyte steals my panties.  Only panties, and
only my panties.  At first we thought it was hilarious, watching him stalk
the laundry, snatch a pair, drag them out of the basket and then race madly
up two flights of stairs to his favorite hidey hole in the attic.  It was no
trouble to go up there once in a while and get 8 to 10 pairs of panties
back.  But.....something happened.  One day last week I had NO underwear
left to put on, and there was NONE in the hidey hole.  Megabyte has gotten
tired of "his" treasures being confiscated, and found a new place to stash
them.  No amount of searching or following him around has yielded up the
unmentionables.  I even GAVE him a pair to see where he would take them, but
he feigned indifference.  Sigh.  I had to go out and buy $33 worth of new
undies.  For ME.  So now I have dozens of new panties that must be carefully
put in the heavy hamper, not tossed in the corner on the floor.....and
somewhere in the house is a HUGE pile of older ones....Megabytes very own
Victoria's Secret.

P.S.  It is one month since Cody and Dale escaped.  My heart is still very
heavy.