From:
Valkyrie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 01:08:21 +8000
Hi Everyone!

My little Caesar had his first real adventure today.  The weather is finally
nice enough that I feel comfortable taking him out on his harness....oh boy
what fun!!  I have a pretty big yard so that's as far as we got, he was so
busy snuffling everything I doubt we would have gotten much farther than
that if we tried.  But, I wanted to share his great adventure, and then ask
a question.

Caesar's story:
Yuck yuck!!  Get it off me mom, get it off me!  I hate this stupid
harness.  {Roll around, roll around} maybe I can get it off.  {Wiggle
wiggle wiggle wiggle}.  Oh boy, are we going to the pet store again?
Mom, the car's over there...... MMMmm smells nice where are
we?....hey!  What's this stuff ticklin' my toes??
It's grass Caesar.
Grass?  {Achoo!!! Dook dook!!  Jumpy jumpy....war dance that blade of
grass into submission.  Dook dook!!  Achoo!} LOOK mom!  I'm a slinky.
{Slither slither slither} through the green stuff.  What's this??
It's a fern, no you can't go under it, I can't see what's in there.
I'm afraid of bugs Caesar.  I said NO.
Achoo, okay mom.  (I think he inherited my hayfever)
Sniff...lemme get closer...sniff.  HEY!  Just cuz I sniffed ya don't
mean you gotta pop me on the nose.  {Box box, CRUSH!!}
That WAS a dandelion, Caesar.
{Dook dook, war dance}...what happened to it mom?
Well, I think you killed it.
Sniff...good.  Slither slither....

The bit with the dandelion was hilarious.  He sniffed it and when it bounced
off his nose when he touched he batted it rapidly with his paws, hugged it
close to his chest and then CRUNCH, forced it to the ground with absolute
indignation.  I almost died laughing.

The Question:
We all know that many indoor plants can be poisonous when chewed on or
ingested.  But how about outside plants?  Are there any flowers or shrubs
that should be avoided on our great adventures?

Thanks
Nancy