From:
Ophelia Hardin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:55:55 -0800
Wolfy's post on a possible video about "Clippin' Nails" reminded me to
pass on a tip I discovered a couple weeks ago.

****BINDER CLIPS****

Not having three hands, I've grown accustomed to scruffing the little
dears with my teeth while I wrestled and clipped with my hands. Works
fine, if a little awkward -- and you don't mind a mouthful of fur...

The other day I was attempting same when I noticed a 1" binder clip on
my bedside table where I have the best light for such a task. I use
them for everything: I think that was one I'd used to keep them from
crawling under the sheets and shredding the mattress pad; but I
digress...

Light-bulb moment! Why use my teeth when a binder clip might suffice?
So snap! on it went 'round the back of her fuzzy little neck, and I'll
be damned: she relaxed as much as if I'd been scruffing her with either
my teeth OR hands.

So now I had two hands to manipulate her paws and trim her nails and I
must say the process was far, far faster than the oral-manual method.
I tried it on the other two and the results were exactly the same:
somehow the clip makes them think they're getting scruffed and they
relax almost completely.

That's my tip for the day and hope ya'll and your fuzzbutts have had
a pleasant holiday season. I've enjoyed the community of FML and join
everyone in thanking Bill for his moderation.