Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:11:21 EST
It has been one of those weeks where I had several deeply painful
occurrences. I was so depressed. When the snow fell all day on Sunday,
I was still packing, unpacking, and moving boxes and smaller furniture
into my garage. My mother is now in a hell hole nursing home. They are
all hell holes in my opinion. Sunny had just died 5 days before. He had
been suffering despite all his meds. It was time.

I do not know how it happened. But Bisquit disappeared. I searched the
house over and over and over again, and hoped against hope. I looked
outside in the dark calling his name when I got home from work.

On Wednesday I found what I guessed were his tiny foot prints in the
snow. They led up to larger animal prints...several different kinds.
He had been missing for sure at least 48 hours. He had been eaten, or
frozen, or both.

I could barely function. I asked God to do His will. I would still cry.
There has been so much to draw my tears this past week.

I do not know why. But I called the police to ask if animal control had
found a ferret. Yea, right. Freezing weather, wet thick snow falling
for hours.

But they had turned in a white ferret with red eyes to a local shelter.
Bisquit is cream with white paws and black eyes. I vowed to adopt the
white ferret if its owner did not show up. Bisquit was dead. But I
could help another.

I almost collapsed at the shelter onto the floor. I had to grab onto a
cage. There in the bottom most cage was my floor pooping run away. My
Bisquit. My miracle.

5 other ferrets had been given up there. I took mine home, and slept
for several hours for the first time in several days. When I woke up
with Bisquits' nose in my eyelid, I figured God had given me a pretty
darn big gift. In return, I could manage to at least take in 2 of the
5 ferrets that had been given up, couldn't I?.

And so my day is closing. The two old babies I chose have been taken
to my vet for distemper shots, and their first Ivermectin shots. They
have taken up residence in the laundry room in a ferret cage so they
can learn to use the litter box. One is adrenal....just starting. Both
are sweet hearts with a playful friendly demeaner.

Life IS change. I would rather it not be. But no one is listening to
me.

All is peaceful for now. Mini-Me has no idea intruders are in the
house. And I can go to sleep now with Sunnys ashes, Bisquits' poopies
falling in the middle of the floor, and another wild ferret adventure
awaiting us all.

Lisette