Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 22:34:59 -0400
My little girl ferret Bibi is an aspiring advice columnist.  So, I
thought I would give her a chance to write to the list and practice
with some questions about the shelter dinner at the Symposium.  :->

*********
Dear Bibi,

I heard that there is some sort of shelter fundraising dinner at the
Symposium?  When is it?

Signed, confused human

Dear typical confused human,

Yes - you are correct.  It is Thursday, April 28, 2005.  It's in the Old
Town Park, St. Louis, MO ... in the "Large Pavilion" thing.

The humans will be eating ribs from 5:30 to 8:30 pm.  Den da park closes
at 9:00 pm.  There will be a shuttle and rides from the hotel for the
humans.  There will be maps at the hotel desk, too, and signs - since
humans seem to get lost a lot.  My Mommy says that it is about 10 minutes
to go from the hotel to the park.  And you only have to turn a couple of
times.  It's simple enough that even a kit can do it!!

Dear Bibi,

I am a vegetarian human.  Will there be special kibble for me?

Dear Vegetarian Human,

If you let the humans making the food kow, they will make you a very
special vegetarian meal.  You just have to tell them what type of
vegetarian/vegan type of meal you want, okay?  And humans take a while
to do things.  So, you have to let them know by APRIL 20th.  Okay?

Dear Bibi,

I am a human who is getting to St. Louis extra early!  Can I come to the
park to help or hang out?

Dear Early Human,

Yes!  Beleeb me ... my Mommy needs all da help she can get.
Hehehehehhe ...

Dear Bibi,

I am a human who is flying in late, and I want to come to the park.  But
how do I get there from the airport?

Dear Late Human,

You need to send an email tingy to ferret_symposium at yahoo dot com.
Den da other humans will think about how to help you get there and they
will help you out.  Okay?

Dear Bibi,

I am a human with a car, and there are extra seats in it for other
humans!  How can I help out in St Louis?

Dear Human on Wheels,

You need to also send da humans an email tingy so dey can tink about this
and figure out how you can help ... okay?  Send it to ferret_symposium at
yahoo dot com.

Dear Bibi,

What if I didn't send back and RSVP and now I want to go?

Dear no RSVP Human,

Go anyway!  Der will be LOTS of food there.  You will have fun!  Even if
they run out of ribs, there is other really good food there!

Dear Bibi,

I don't like ribs.  What do I do know.

Dear Picky Human,

You are lucky dat you don't have my Mommy!  When I don't like medicine,
she says, "It's good for you, Bibi!  Eat it anyway!"

But these humans are nicer to other humans than my Mommy is to me.  They
won't make you eat the ribs!  They will give you other foods ..  lots of
them!  You can even bring your own kibble!  And you can play with the
other humans!

Dear Bibi,

How much money should I bring for this dinner?

Dear Hungry Human,

It doesn't cost anyting!  It is supposed to make money to help the
ferrets without mommies and daddies in the shelters.  So you can make a
donation ..  okay?

That would be very nice of you, and the shelter ferrets would really like
it.  And my Auntie Jooooooodith in SOS will give you a receipt for the
tax humans that will say "tax deductible donation".  They will give it to
you right there ..  in da park!

The humans are smart enough to take cash and checks, but not smart enough
to take credit cards in the park.  So, please don't confuse them, okay?
Just bring cash and checks, and that is okay!

Dear Bibi,

Do I get to meet you there, too?

Signed, Hopeful Human

Dear Hopeful Human,

My Mommy won't let me go!  But for the humans who are going, this is what
it is:

Meet Me in St. Louis!
April 29 - May 1, 2005
International Ferret Congress